LLPG's COMPETITIVE EDGE
The assisted self-publishing market is dominated by only five companies. They account for more than 85% of all self-published books.
The Top FIVE self-publishers are:
1. Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (previously known as Create Space). They have a low printing costs so the self-published author can make more per book. We can give you access to them to print and distribute books as one of our options but we offer a superior editing and design service.
2. Lightning Source & Ingram Spark do not offer the editing, marketing or design services that you will need to get your book published. Their royalty rate is low at 40% for eBooks, but we can offer you access to their POD (print on demand) services.
3. Smashwords will get your book on some of the major distribution channels but crucially they miss out on Amazon, the biggest channel out there. You will need to upload your own book to their platform and it takes a bit of technical know-how to do this. We don’t use them as we can get you better deals directly with major self-publishing platforms and will give you access to Amazon's market.
4. Lulu takes a lot of money from authors, through their printing and along with a big cut of revenue. They offer tools that seems to make the process easier upfront but you pay for it in the end with all the costs that accumulate.
5. Author Solutions is a company that has other brands under their umbrella. You may know them as AuthorHouse, Balboa Press, iUniverse, Abbott Press, Xlibris, Archway or Trafford. Meanwhile, they will not admit it. It has been alleged they have affiliations with larger traditional publishing houses. They have high printing costs and take a lot of your sales revenue. An approach by many of these mentioned companies is they require you purchase books upfront in order to fulfill the service agreement with their companies. This is where LLPG is different. We provide you with a choice to order books upfront or only as needed, in smaller quantities. Plus, you receive a copies of your completed book depending on the package you choose from.
How Does LLPG Compare to the Companies Above?
We give you higher royalties than any of these other companies every time
We don’t mark up the printing costs – what it costs us it costs you
We give you 100% of the net royalties.
We are based in Canada but have global reach in almost every continent in the world. We work primarily with authors in Canada and the United States but we can help authors in the United Kingdom, Australia, South Africa, Europe, China, Middle East, South America and the Caribbean.
We offer marketing solutions that 4 of the publishers above cannot offer which is media exposure. Our publicity team has firms in over 5 different countries.
We have industry-leading PR & New Media solutions for start-up to established authors
Our distribution team just doesn't distribute your content but hones the pitch for your book with the right marketing plan to retailers
You can rest assured that we work with you to find the best solution for your book. We are open to different distribution channels because we pass on all of the royalties to you. We have Baker & Taylor, Amazon and Ingram Content which are the world's largest options for distribution. So, we have the luxury of these three options to pick and choose the best parts of any solution for you.
We deliver results. Always.
OUR PUBLISHING OPTIONS
We have different packages available for the start-up author that will help you to get the very best from your self-publishing process.